Pas de Deux Teacher
Professional dancer and Ballet Professor, graduated in 1997 from Escola de Dança do Conservatório Nacional de Lisboa having Carlos Caldas, Guilherme Dias, Jorge Salavisa, Rui Lopes Graça, Olga Roriz and Cristina Pereira as professors, amongst others.
Developed career as a professional dancer in several national and international companies of classic, neoclassic and contemporary repertoire, such as:
– Companhia de Dança de Lisboa – (1997/ 1999) integrated the cast as a trainee dancer, danced in “Cabo da Boa Esperança” ballet with Célia Gouveia’s choreography and toured in Brazil and Cape Verde.
– Companhia de Dança Contemporânea de Setúbal – (1999) in the repertoire dances in “Sibila”, “Dancing Zeca Afonso”, “Going Back” amongst others, having as choreographers António Rodrigues, Gagik Ismailian and Thomas Patrick. International tour to Italy dancing at the Bellini Theater in Naples.
– Companhia de Bailado da Madeira – (2000/2001) stands out the ballets “Paquita”, “Abe–alinha”, “Dancing of pleasures” and “Dancing Max”. As choreographers Palmira Camargo, David Fielding and Cristina Graça ̶ choreographer for the first time in a workshop of the company “Life”, a neoclassical ballet.
– Compañia de Danza Neoclássica Catalunya Barcelona – (2002) dances in the ballet “Carmina Burana” from the choreographer and company director Daniel Bonatti.
– Ballet de Teatres de la Generalitat Valencia – (2003/2005) dances in “Swan Lake”, “The Nutcracker”, “Aman” among others with renowned choreographers such as Patrick de Bana, Ramon Oller and Thomas Noone.
As a dancer, was part of the cast of several operas at Teatro Nacional São Carlos (2006/2013) such as “O Nariz”, “Der Ring des Nibelungen”, “Tosca”, “La Bohème”, “Don Pasquale” and “La Fille Du Régiment” working with renowned stage directors and choreographers such as Graham Vick, Carlos Prado, Ron Howel and Mário Redondo.
As a teacher taught / teaches in the following schools:
– Escola da Companhia de Dança de Lisboa – (1997/1999) discipline of classical dance technique.
– Escola da Companhia de Bailado da Madeira – (2000/2001) discipline of classical dance technique.
– Colégio Dona Maria Pia – (2009/2013) discipline of dance in the professional course ‘cultural and artistic community development’
– Escola de Dança do Funchal – (2014/2016) taught the components of classical dance techniques, classical repertoire, classical variations/boys and creative dance. prepared the classic male variation “Harlequin” for the “Leiria Dance Competition” having obtained the 3rd place.
– Academia de artes Artemotion Funchal – (2014/2016) taught the components of classical dance technique and creative dance.
– Centro de Dança Palmira Camargo CDPC – (2016/2017/2018) currently teaches the components of classical dance technique and pas de deux.
– Escola de dança Dancespot – (2016/2017/2018) currently teaches the components of technique ballet for kids, floor bar and classic repertoire in the training course for professional dancers.
– (2011) For the International Day of Dance, ministered a workshop of corporal expression and movement in Escola Superior de Educação em Lisboa.
– (2012/2013) ministered a workshop of corporal expression and movement integrated in the project Theater of Identities, a partnership of Escola Superior de Teatro e Câmara Municipal da Amadora.
– (2016) ministered a workshop of body expression and movement in the project “L` Ego do meu bairro” under the program PARTIS of Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian at Associação Artística de Solidariedade Social “Olho-te” in Funchal.
– (2017) ministered a workshop technique of classical dance in the “Festival Norte Dança” having also been part of the jury in the contest of this festival.
– (2018) ministered a workshop dance technique and pas de deux in the “Festival Norte Dança” having also been part of the jury in the contest of this festival.